Monday 16 July 2007

w/c 25th June

Planned training for this the last full week before departure was a two day weekend with walks near Dover. However as my training partners of Kedra and my cousin were not available on Saturday I searched for an organised walk I could join. I found a 10 mile circular walk with the Maidstone Ramblers from Headcorn station starting at 10am. Although they were all much older than me they were very welcoming and friendly. The walk although mainly over public footpaths was quite overgrown which was excellent preparation for my jungle trek!! It also rained in the afternoon. We stopped to eat our sandwiches in a village church gardens/graveyard and then had a drink in a pub. I did not take note of which village this was!! The walk took less time than I had imagined and I was on my way down to Dover before 4pm.

Sunday's walk was cancelled due to the weather and Kedra having had a cold during the week and me having a niggle in my left leg.

No comments: