Wednesday 20 June 2007

w/c 11th June

Suggested training 2 cross-training sessions and 2 6 hours walks at the weekend. However as my weekend was busy with work and family dos I just continued with one walking day at the weekend and postponed the two day weekends to next weekend and the one after.

Wednesday - 1 hour walk from work to Tower bridge and back in loop along thames path as previous weeks with Hazel.

Thursday - swim 50 lengths.

Saturday - marie curie walk 5km in Greenwich Park. Took train to Hither Green arriving at 10am and from there walked towards Belmont Hill and along to Blackheath then down to Greenwich. During this time I got showered with rain and so was happy that I was wearing my craghoppers trousers which dry quick and also had my waterproof jacket. As I got to Greenwich early I walked through the foot tunnel to the other side of the river and along a bit and back. I also went in a few shops and Greenwich market before at noon heading for the Kings Arms for registration for the walk and lunchstop. The rain also came down just as the marie curie walk started and as I stayed with a group I probably did walk slower than I would normally. Back to the pub in 1 hour 20mins. I had a quick half pint of beer and then headed for the DLR and bus back home. Took the bus which was there that didn't take me all the way and so I walked an extra half hour uphill home. Total walking approx 4 hours.

No comments: