Sunday 10 June 2007

w/c 28 May




Suggested training 2 x 1 hour walks 2 x cross training 1 x 8 hour walk.

Monday - as with the day before a rest day from training. I was happy that my training for the bank holiday weekend had been during the good weather on Saturday. Short walk in Watford from car park to pub!!

Tuesday - a day off work to spend with my friend Geraldene with an afternoon walk near Marlow. As the longer walks were being saved for the weekend I chose a shorter circular walk (the water walk) at Bourne End This took us an hour and three quarters and read 7.04 km. (last pic)

Wednesday - Evening gig at the Astoria (first pic) so walk down from there to Charing Cross afterwards no walking the other end as I missed Grove Park and got a taxi back from Elmstead Woods!! Plus a little jumping up and down inside the venue which was quite hot!

Thursday - lunchtime walk again with ex-colleagues. 1 hr from office down london bridge thames path to tower bridge across to the south of the river and back along london bridge. Evening work do walked back across london bridge and got off the right stop!

Friday - Intentions were for a lunctime swim but I felt too tired and a little hungover so I gave it a miss!

Saturday - I had intented to do the Hither Green to Chelsfield stage 2 of charing cross to hastings but I had a better offer in a call late Monday from one of my fellow trekkers to train together. We met at Shoreham and set off for a circular (or more accruately a triange) to Eynsford Castle (2nd pic above) and back. Total walking time 5 hours distance as stated on the walk card 8.5 miles. More photos here.

Sunday - rest day and a little shopping!

No comments: