Monday 21 May 2007

w/c 14 May


Suggested training for the second week running was 2 x 1hr walk but as well as this 1 x cross training and 1 x 6 hour walk.

Monday - I decided that I would start my training week off well (as Sunday had been a rest day) with an hours walk after getting home from work. I had decided to do an extention to my circular 45min walk by going into Beckenham Place Park for a bit but decided to continue along the green chain path there towards downham and then up the hill of the main road from there.

Wednesday - repeated the 1 hr walk from Monday

Friday - lunchtime swim which I'm sure I managed the 50 lengths in 20 mins.

Saturday - rest day just a little walk to local restaurant and pub in the evening.

Sunday - Rob was again walking with me and we followed my route to Sundridge Park Station to pick up the green chain walk from there and walked to Chislehurst. This took an hour and half after a short stop at The Queens Head marking the end of the route we headed back missing out the walk by allotments and using the main road instead taking and hour and 15mins with pedometer reading totaling 10.97 km. Following a late lunch at home and short break I went out again for further 2 hours walk starting with a visit to Millets for some more training socks and then along to Shortlands station and round Beckenham place park and back home via green chain up to London Rd. Total of 8.97km.

Have just discovered that lewisham have a walking festival on and there is an hours walk locally on Wednesday evening (will have to miss first half of champions league final) and a walk on Saturday from Charing Cross to Hither Green between 10.30 and 16.00 so I'm planning on going along to that.

No comments: